In a blender puree sugar, mascarpone cheese and 1/3 cup of brewed coffee until smooth. Place in a bowl, using a rubber spatula to remove everything.
Carefully fold whipped cream into the mixture and then fold in melted dark chocolate.
Refrigerate at once and store in fridge until needed.
Soak slices of day-old baguette in 1 cup brewed Van Houtte® Vanilla Hazelnut coffee.
Place slices of coffee-soaked bread on a plate and top each slice with a scoop of mousse, using an ice cream scoop or a piping bag
Garnish with crushed toasted hazelnuts, chocolate shavings and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup brewed Van Houtte® Vanilla Hazelnut recyclable K-Cup® pod coffee, chilled
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 5.3 oz. (150 g) chopped dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup brewed Van Houtte® Vanilla Hazelnut recyclable K-Cup® pod coffee, chilled
- 8 slices day-old baguette 1/2 ̋ (1 cm) thick
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts, lightly crushed
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate shavings
- Chocolate sauce
Chef Michael Allemeier
With more than three decades’ worth of experience working in top Canadian kitchens, Allemeier has served in such lofty roles as Executive Chef at Vancouver’s Bishops Restaurant, at Calgary’s Teatro Restaurant, and at Mission Hill Family Estate Winery in the Okanagan Valley. The third Canadian to receive the title of Master Chef, Allemeier currently teaches over 500 burgeoning young chefs at the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology.