What makes this classic cinnamon roll recipe better than ever?
- 1 Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, coffee, nutmeg and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- 1 In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients until mixture is smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- 1 In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, yeast, cinnamon and salt.
- 2 Add the egg, mixing with a fork and your hands to obtain a flaky texture.
- 3 In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter over medium-low heat until the butter is melted and the mixture is warm (125°F).
- 4 Add milk mixture to the flour mixture and combine using a fork, then knead by hand for 2 - 3 minutes until a sticky dough forms.
- 5 Shape dough into a ball and place into an oiled bowl, coating the dough with oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and a dish towel, then leave it in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 2 hours.
- 6 Butter a 9” round cake pan and line the bottom with a circle of parchment paper.
- 7 Deflate the dough by punching it down using the palm of your hand, then place it onto a floured surface.
- 8 Using a rolling pin, roll dough out into an 8" x 12" rectangle.
- 9 Spread the butter over the dough, leaving a ½” border.
- 10 Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture and pecans over the butter.
- 11 Roll from the 8" end to form a log with the seam facing down.
- 12 Cut log into 8 slices and place rolls close together in the cake pan.
- 13 Cover with plastic wrap and a dish cloth and leave in a warm place until rolls have doubled in volume, about 45 minutes.
- 14 Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 15 Bake for 18 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- 16 Remove pan from oven and leave it to cool on a rack for 10 minutes.
- 17 Decorate rolls with icing and serve immediately.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. quick-rise yeast
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 room temperature egg, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. Van Houtte® Vanilla Hazelnut flavour finely ground coffee
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp. room temperature butter
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp. milk
- ½ tsp. instant coffee