- 1 Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2 In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, ground coffee and cayenne.
- 3 Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 4 Arrange bacon slices on the baking sheet without overlapping them.
- 5 Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over the bacon slices.
- 6 Bake in the centre of the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Flip halfway through cooking.
- 7 Leave to cool for 5 minutes. Serve with your morning eggs, with brunch, on a green salad garnished with apples and walnuts or as an appetizer.
- This bacon appetizer recipe is elevated to bold new heights thanks to the intense yet balanced flavor profile of Van Houtte® Original House Blend Dark® ground coffee. Buy yours now online or in store.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
With its smoky tones and tasty umami flavour, bacon is everyone’s favourite savoury snack. But might it be possible to improve upon perfection? Our oven-baked bacon recipe uses Van Houtte® Original House Blend Dark® ground coffee to elevate this salty-sweet delight with an unexpected kick. The ideal topping for veggie-heavy salads, this Van Houtte® coffee-glazed bacon is equally at home in a classic brunch spread. Thanks to the complex flavour harmony of sweet brown sugar, spicy chili pepper and dark roast ground coffee, it can also be enjoyed as a decadent solo snack!