What gives this coffee trail mix recipe its warm, nutty aroma?
- 1 Soak dates in coffee for 15 minutes.
- 2 Pour dates and coffee into a food processor or blender and puree.
- 3 Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- 4 In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- 5 Add in the date puree, maple syrup and coconut oil and mix until combined.
- 6 Spread the mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 7 Bake for 60 minutes until well-browned, stirring every 15 minutes. The mixture will become crisp as it cools.
- 8 Add the dried fruit and allow to cool before storing in airtight containers.